Saturday 18 June 2011

Central Saint Martins BA (Hons) Ceramic Design Degree show

What a great standard this years graduans have set!  Some really lovely work over at Southampton Row, at what is set to be the buildings last ever degree show before the university moves over to Kings Cross.

The work was really colourful and different and it was great to see everyone so enthusiastic and positive.  Just what I needed to keep me motivated and on track for the Grand opening of my gallery in August.

Spotted some potential pieces I would like to showcase and fingers crossed, we'll be able to come to a deal.
That was the whole point of the gallery really, to showcase up and coming emerging ceramic talent, as I didnt really know where to start once I'd left uni -  If it hadn't been for Janice Blackburn, and my exhibition at Sotheby's - I probably would still be wondering how to get into gallerys and find commissions!

Below are some select photos I took of the show, in no particular order:

Kane Sutton - "Scale Up"

Yixue Huang - "Corro Corro mugs corroding"

Elizabeth Cooper - "Once there, now gone"

Stephanie Turner - "You dont bring me Flowers"

Yuki Ouchi - "Mortus Creatura"

Sarah Comissiong - "Sweet fa Days"

Agnieszka Ewa Juszczyk - "1 in 4"

Manuela Becker - "Daydreams and Nightmares"


I also liked the work of Emily-Clare Thorn, who unfortunately I didnt take any snaps of, beautiful bubbly sweet inspired tableware - infact there were quite a few I seemed to have missed out on - Must have been the free wine! hehe.

You can catch the degree show from 20-23rd June 12-8pm at Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4AP and also at New Designers, Angel Islington from 29th June - 2nd July


No comments:

Post a Comment