Monday 13 February 2012

Another Sotheby's commission..

I really do have to thank Janice Blackburn for giving me so many amazing opportunities, such as the Downing Street exhibition.  

It was Janice who visited my degree show before we had opened and chose me to showcase my work in her 'small show Huge Talent' show at Sotheby's.  It was here, that my work caught the eye of the Head of Sotheby's and he has been commissioning me ever since.

I have just delivered the latest commission, which was a ceramic vessel for his partner's 40th birthday present.  Unfortunately  I havent any photos of the final piece, as I like to respect the privacy of my clients (as the images and words are quite personal to them etc)  However I do have a snapshot of the decal sheet, just as a little taster:








I received this LOVELY thank you note this evening:


"What a wonderful piece of ceramic you have produced for my 40th. I honestly can say that it is the most beautiful present I have ever received. I knew about your talent from Jasper's (Conran, a previous commission) jars, but mine is massive.

I thought you were so smart and thoughtful choosing the composition -ok, getting the symbol of Madrid, the bear and the evergreen tree in relief is already quite something- and arranging the pictures so fantastically well.

I'm so proud to be the owner of one of your pieces, so carefully crafted and smartly produced. What a great treasure to look back to my life with perspective and see that everything is just fine, and so well narrated."



I'm well chuffed! Another happy customer!






3 comments:

  1. That's Amazing Annabel - so Very Well done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps Thanks for the Follow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news keep these winners coming

    ReplyDelete