Sunday 24 June 2012

A Private Commission #1

So, I've been working on a private commission for a present for quite some time and now finally the gift has been given and I can tell you all about it!

A good client of mine wanted to commission a vessel for some dear friends of his who had recently hosted a holiday at their home in Barbados.

I met with the couple earlier this year and discussed the holiday - memorable moments, running jokes - that type of thing and also collected some of their holiday snaps.

I took these away with me and 'worked my magic' combining illustrations with photographs and pen and ink drawings to produce a memorable piece for the couple to enjoy.

Below are a few snaps, I wanted to create a colourful fun piece which would remind the couple of their home in sunny carefree Barbados.  What do you all think?





No comments:

Post a Comment