Sunday 27 September 2015

Lacey Contemporary Gallery


I followed up a link given to me by my friend Cait, suggesting I enter some work into the Lacey Contemporary Gallery Summer Arts prize - first prize being £1,000.

I haven't done anything like this for a while, so I thought why not.  I entered two smaller ceramic vessels - 'They Grow up So Quick' along with 'When I Grow Up I Want to be a WAG' and then forgot all about it.

A couple of weeks later I received the email saying that one of my vessels had been shortlisted!  Only 50 out of 600 entrants were chosen!  I was over the moon! Can you see my vessel below (clue 2nd row on the right)



I was also invited to the Private View and it was there that the winner would be announced

Here are some pics from the night:





Unfortunately I didn't win, however it was great being involved in an exhibition in West London again.  The winner was a short film of a launderette.

I also think, in future that I will enter my bigger ceramic vessels as in a gallery the small ones can be lost - or enter them as a collection rather and individually, as they all have a narrative and are linked together.

It was also really nice wandering round the back streets on Holland Park looking at all the houses and the architecture.  It made me think about my future and where I want to be living in 10 years time!... Well I can dream can't i! 

No comments:

Post a Comment